Tuesday, August 14, 2007

RUINED (by ssT)

Don’t tell me
what you would have done
or what you’re going to do
It’s what you’re doing now
that holds my interest
I may not know everything about you
but I’ve learned the habits
that keep you occupied
I cross you out like a wrong word
I bang you just to make some noise
Let’s see you dance
to that beat sucker

Love goes on
never pretending to be anything else
Lord deliver us
from people with good intentions
doing things to us for our own good
When is the last time
you saw a strange person
glaring at you from a passing window
& then discovered
it was your own reflection?

Forget all that reflecting
Let’s open ourselves up on the highway
& see what kind of ground we cover
Nothing’s louder than silence
rushing in our ears
or hearing the ocean roar in a sea shell
Birds sing with their lives not their beaks
The less I say
the less trouble I get into
& still I keep talking

Acting in bad faith
is always self defeating
Is the world inhabited by poets
or infested with poetry?
If your love isn’t fast
it will run in the rain
& get ruined
Your love is a thunderstorm
that has ruined me
for any other

ssT (on Caferati)
-----------------------
I suppose "learned the habits that keep you occupied" was where I began to take interest. The interest peaked at "Let's open ourselves up on the highway and see what kind of ground we cover"
But the last para lost some ground. "Your love is a thunderstorm that has ruined me for any other", sounds  to me like a bad pickup line. And yet, someone could say that and really mean it. So, now what?