Saturday, June 9, 2007

Wine Ramble (Anita Vasudeva)

I read to you
- my words may slur
and run around the room –
my tongue may slip.
I began toasting tonight pre-lunch
and into the hot eye-burning evening
hoping that words and grapes will hold me up.

continue...

A lyrical heady ramble this, made for wines and remembrances.
"for is it not laden with wine and words today as you had always imagined,
a tryst in sepia colored movies on canvas screens in which you lived many times, not
knowing whether it was the movie or the wine or the vineyard
or the biblical breaking bread and sharing wine"
Must have shared the same bottle - same questions :-) but yours read much better.

Only the last stanza seemed to bring it down to earth, from a high. Different somehow, from the rest of the poem. Can't put my finger on it.

Aparna